Sunday, March 01, 2009

A new experience in motherhood



After being a mother for five years, I had to face this new experience which was indeed stressful physically and mentally. Neither Syazwan nor Aisyah had been admitted to a ward before. But, after being feverish for three days, Syazwan became lethargic. He was so weak because of dehydration (he was vomitting and defecate watery faeces) . I have no choice but to send him to the nearest ER. The doctor found that he need to be dripped with intravenous fluid to replace the loss of water in his body. When the doctor injected him, he didn't let out a cry or even frowned. Maybe he was too weak to respond to the pain. He was admitted to the ward diagnosed with A.G.E (I found later from the internet that it is acute gastroenteritis).

After a few hours lying there, he became furious. He usually sleeps at 1 pm and wake up at 4 pm. But today, he couldn't. He felt uneasy with the drip and the heat ( it was so hot in that ward). I felt so sorry for not being able to do anything. Eventhough he's covered with insurance to be at a private centre, the nearest one is too far for me to drive alone. So, there I was, accompanying a fussy child in an uncomfortable surroundings. Takde rezeki namanya.
The next day, he stopped vomitting. So, the doctor discontinued his intravenous fluids. As a result, he wanted to drink his milk once again, and water intake has increased tremendously. So, being very confident with his progress, I asked to be discharged from the hospital. He is still weak though, but, I thought if he is more comfortable, he will have speedy recovery. That's why I took him home.
Then, after consulting a paed (luckily, there's one here in Banting), he agreed that Syazwan has progressed miraculously and there's no need to be hospitalized (that's only after two bottles of intravenous fluids). But, I still have to ensure that he took plenty of fluids because he still have watery diarrhea. And, I am so thankful to Allah for that. There are children younger than Syazwan who have spent almost two weeks in the ward because of AGE. I'm so thankful that it didn't happen to my Syazwan. Alhamdulillah.

4 comments:

Khai2020 said...

Sabar & doa banyak2. InsyaAllah dipermudahkan....

norshafiza said...

Terima kasih. Alhamdulillah ... dah recover dah.

teachuhman said...

Capitt

These are only some of the trials that a mother has to go through, though it is quite frightening and worrisome, I bet the kids will give you many more testing times and in a variety of ways, just wait till they become teenagers.
The job of a mother is never done. Just keep that smile on your face and pray that Allah Almighty helps you all through those times.
Glad that your kid is fine. You are so lucky you could afford such luxury. Your kids are lucky to have a super mom like you.
My Mom is super too and the wifey is super too in more than one way.
Chow

norshafiza said...

Cg. Naim,
Thanks Boss (head of est panel..hehe). I'm far from being a supermom. This is just the beginning of a very long journey ahead. Am praying that the journey will be a beautiful and memorable one.

I'm nothing as compared to you. Besides being a superdad, u're also a superteacher. How I wish I could be one. But, I can't put a straight face long enough to make the students scared at me. hmm.. :(