Thursday, September 18, 2008

Gardening on my birthday

I have a special privilege this year. My birthday falls on Selangor's Public Holiday (including some other states as well). 17 September this year comes together with 17 Ramadan. So, we have a Nuzul Quran holiday, in line with my birthday. Hihi..
Thinking of my birthday, in Ramadan, I thought of my late father. I was born in Syawal, 2 weeks after Raya. But, since I was quite big in my mom's womb (still big now..), my father has to take charge in preparing our house for Raya. He even help mom made some biscuits. I was surprised when I heard that from mom because my father is a very strict man. Manly. Veto. Etc .. (bekas askar lah katakan ..) So, to think of him helping mom in kitchen is quite unbelievable for me. And now he is gone .. I really think that I miss him. Very much. Remembering my birthday would also be remembering him. Alfatihah...

Well, life has to go on rite? On the other note, I am still in gardening mode. So, as for today .. these are my calorie burners.


I have to dig those plants from the 'induk' (what's this word in English by the way? parent is it? ) first. Then, fill in the pots with soil before putting them in. It's very tiring .. plus, it is a very hot day. But, I still think that it's worth it. I have plants .. and at the same time, I'm burning some calories. IMHO, it is an enjoyable exercise, rather than running on a treadmill staring straight at a dull-looking wall, rite?

No comments: