Thursday, November 24, 2011

Macaron ... first try

Macaron ye... not Macaroon ...because the latter has dessicated coconut in it.
For step-by-step guide, please refer here. I was truly inspired by K.Ita here. But, I've never left any comments in her blog. Malu..hehe.

For me, this one is a little bit too sweet, but I don't know why I keep on shovelling those sweet monsters into my mouth. I guess that was the effect of almond powder in it.

A little bit senget .. :D. Macam tuannya jugak. The above are filled with cheese frosting (lebihan topping Red Velvet Cake).


Sitting in the oven

These are the macarons after they were taken out of the oven. As you can see, some of them didn't have beautiful 'feet'. I guess I should have made the batter a little less thicker by stirring them more and make sure the temperature of the oven is set at its designated temp, which is 140 degrees Celcius.. (I set it much lower at that time because I was afraid that I might burn them!).

No comments: